About Me

~Kricket~27~First time Mommy! ~Dougie~29~First time Daddy!!

Mommy & Daddy

Mommy & Daddy

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A.K.A. Miss Sniffles.....


Yep that's right...I've earned my newest nickname....Miss Sniffles!!! I caught the dreaded cold!!!! One of the top things on my not to do list while I'm pregnant. GET SICK!!! Wouldn't you know it happened anyways!!! I'm thinking how is this really possible...ALL of those vitamins I take and I still get sick!! But.......dunnnunnn-da-da-daaaahhhhhh Dr. McDougie to the rescue!!! Daddy put on his white coat and brought Mommy back to life!!! We had our first "real" snow day Monday March 2nd, and I was sick~sickly. I bundled up and made my way outside for just a few minutes so when admiring the new photos posted please be gentle when viewing my appearance! LOL Colds don't do much for this pregnancy glow! Daddy pumped me full of fluids, Tylenol, decongestants, antihistamines, ordered me to stay stuck to the couch, and threw a few hugs and kisses on the side. It took my preggo brain a few days to realize Hey you don't have to go to your family physician---you can call your OB! So after 2 days of suffering I put a call in to the nurse just to make sure they shouldn't see me. Of course they didn't want my germs and told me to stay at home! So with the snow and the 2nd trimester my cooking has picked back up again. I'm not sure who is more excited me or Daddy?!!!? Although with his cabin fever and my OCD cooking he ordered me to STOP IMMEDIATELY! I think he was afraid he was going to be left to eat it all!! If you can't tell by my writing style I have been diagnosed with preggo brain as well.....The most common symptoms are rambling on and on, forgetting what you just said or where you just laid that item down, shortage of attention span, etc. Well I have it all!!! Just smile at me and wait until I leave to laugh! Speaking of laugh...Thank God for Daddy Dougie's humor!!! I swear the baby is going to come out giggling because that is all I do....even at myself half of the time...but I have to say hanging out with Dougie and being pregnant has made me quite the comedian, but I love every minute of it. Pregnancy is great so far :) I know I am very blessed to be having such a pleasant experience. We went for our prenatal checkup today and heard Lil Baby T's heartbeat again. Amazing as always!! I have an anterior placenta so it will probably be a little longer before I feel that first "kick", but I do have these tickling feelings in my tummy now!! If the baby is anything like its Daddy its probably swinging from the umbilical cord dancing to "You and that monkey...monkey!!!" tickling me the whole time!!! I'm sure I'm leaving out some valuable information here, but we'll let non-preggo brain Daddy fill you in on the important stuff! Don't let him fool you...he is educated and ready to go thanks to his Valentine's gift from Baby T...Pregnancy for Cavemen book!!! But I have what you've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have scheduled the 20 week US to find out the sex of the baby. The long awaited day is only 3 weeks away so pray hard!!! Trystan or Troy?? We will know very soon hopefully :) We got good news this week too....I know its killing ya!!! Huh?! Can't share just yet!!!! I promise to let you in on the secret soon. Until next time.......Hugs & Kisses from Mommy and Baby T




No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

All Arms & Legs

All Arms & Legs