About Me

~Kricket~27~First time Mommy! ~Dougie~29~First time Daddy!!

Mommy & Daddy

Mommy & Daddy

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Father/Daughter Conversations


First off...

It's been a long time...we shouldn't've left you...without a dope blog to read to!!! LOL points for anyone who recognized the old skool reference, but really, we apologize for not updating like we've been accustomed to doing. Life has been any and everything but stalled these days! And without further ado, here's a quick update--and more coming soon!:-)


I, Daddy Dougie (aka Father Troy), has consistently been a conversationalist, especially when it comes to my daughter. Ever since Mommy Kris and I had known about her existence, I've had several 'talks' with Baby Trystan. Although her growth has changed in the past several months, my conversations have not. I always give her that 'baby girl gibberish' speech about how Trystan is doing in there and how much Daddy loves her. I was unaware of whether or not she could hear me...until her 28th week ultrasound. Yes, we were able to see her before, but we had to get another ultrasound scheduled because she was a little 'stubborn' and didn't wanna show all of her heart chambers. So, right before the follow-up, I felt compelled to give lil' Twiggy (her nickname) a pep talk. It went something along the lines of, "Hey Twiggy Poo!...Mommy and Daddy wanna see you up today. Be a good little girl and show Daddy whachugot! I know you're moving in there!"


And Trystan responded with what you see up there!!! It's the first 4D smile I've ever seen on a ultrasound pic...now that's not your cue to go google or bing 'smiling 4d pics' and prove me wrong!!!LOL
As soon as I saw her smile, I felt soooo much like a Proud Papa and knew she was ok, happy, and healthy in the womb. And I was confident that the two of us will be having plenty conversations pre- and post-birth. I'm also proud that she know's her daddy's touch too. We'll both get into little nudge 'talks' too. I'll rub mommy's belly and nudge her a little bit, and she'll kick or nudge back in return. It indeed makes my day...EVERY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

All Arms & Legs

All Arms & Legs