About Me

~Kricket~27~First time Mommy! ~Dougie~29~First time Daddy!!

Mommy & Daddy

Mommy & Daddy

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What You Have Been Missing...Sorry!!!

Heeellllooooo!!! Anybody out there???!!! I hope you have given up on me! LOL It seems as though I'm starting all my blogs apologizing for being so slack...so once again I'm asking forgiveness for my lack of writing. Please Please??!! Forgive me??!!
Since I've been away from the blog world Trystan has continued to get bigger and stronger and so have I LOL!! or at least my tummy has :-) As I am writing this we are at the 37 weeks and 1 day mark leaving us only 20 days until her official due date of August 10th. I actually think I'm either having first time Mommy confusions or BH contractions as I type. My fear is that I'm going to be in labor and not know it, but all of you Mommies keep reassuring me that
"YOU WILL KNOW!!!"
I'll try to hit the highlights of everything that has been going on since our last update. We did go in for another US at 28 weeks to check on Trystan's growth again. She was still measuring 1 week behind, but at 2.5 lbs she was considered average and the doctor was no longer concerned. During this ultrasound the tech was able to get some beautiful pics of Trystan. As her Daddy mentioned she was full of smiles!!! Here are just a couple of the 3D/4D shots:



Can you tell who she resembles most??!! I also had the glucose screening for gestational diabetes and everything came back negative so we are good and healthy! and thank goodness Mommy doesn't have to give up those sweets LOL.

In May we went to visit Cornerstone Pediatrics and have decided to go with that practice for Trystan's care. Like the first time parents we are...we had lots of questions for the doctor and he was very friendly, informative, and patient with our questions. They will come and do Trystan's very first exam at the hopsital when she is born! I'm glad we were able to take the time to meet the doctor first so that we can feel good about the care she will receive right after birth. They even have a practice within walking distance from the house! I myself am excited about that!!! I'm hoping that everything goes well and we continue to love the physicians there. We also attended Expectant Parenting classes at the hospital where Trystan will be born. The teacher was fabulous and just happens to be a lactation consultant for the hospital. The classes included Labor, C-section, Breastfeeding, and How to Care for a Newborn as the topics we covered in the 4 week series. A lot of the info we both already knew, but it was nice hearing it again from someone and being in a class with a bunch of couples going through the same things. The breastfeeding class was the most informative for me and gave me a really positive outlook on the choice of breastfeeding. I'm definitely hoping that I can experience breastfeeding Trystan to not only provide her with the best nutrition, but to share that special bond with her as well. We learned how important Daddy is going to be during this time as well. Since I will be going back to work I plan to pump so guess who gets to teach Trystan to drink from a bottle??!!! Daddy Dougie to the rescue!!!! The nurse said it was best for Daddy to take on this task and I know that he will be looking forward to spending that special Daddy Daughter time with Miss Twiggy. Twiggy is her first nickname given to her by her Daddy. We'll see soon if she still has those twig legs that she showed us in the ultrasound early on! Of course those long legs run deep in the Harris genes so I'm not doubting it!

Our next exciting news in May was finding out that Miss Trys will be joined by Mr Kingston Victor Harris in October 2009!!! Troy's brother/sis-n-law found out the sex of their baby!!! They are 10 weeks behind us and we are so excited to meet Kingston also.



Ashley, Martin, and Kingston

Last, but definitely not least I celebrated my first Mommy's Day or Mommy to be Day that is :-)

Troy Douglas treated me to his famous french toast which happens to be my favorite and a sweet card that read "This little Twiggy wishes you a happy first Mother's Day" I actually was able to read the card without crying!!! I did however tear up. It was exciting and very special to be acknowledged as a Mommy. I can't wait to share this day with Trystan in the years to come! We made our way to Wilkesboro for church and spent the rest of the day with the other mommies in our lives Nana Jackie, Aunt Ploofy, Mommy to be Ashley, and cousin Tina.
Trystan and I celebrated Mommy's Day with her Nonnie Lisa at the annual chili cookoff at the local Farmer's market a day early.



Me prior to sweating in the heat at the Chili Cookoff!!!



We settled into our busy schedule in May and embraced all events and pregnancy fun to be had! Its amazing how quickly you can forget the specifics, but overall this pregnancy has been great for me. We are staying as "healthy and boring patients" at the doctors office! I did not meet my weight goal, but I'll share that funny story with you in my next update. It came during our 32 week visit!! I'm becoming quite a night owl in the last stretch of pregnancy, but even for me its past my bedtime now!! I will be back to fill you in on the lovely showers that were given to us for Miss Trystan and all of the exciting events in June!!! Keep your eyes open!! There was of course Daddy's Day, a doctor's visit, a mucus plug scare, AND we got more exciting news about Trystan's 2nd cousin that will join us in November! Wheeeww I really am behind =-O !!!! Goodnight all!!!
Sweet Dreams
Kristen-n-Twiggy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

Baby T

Baby T
12 Weeks 6 Days

All Arms & Legs

All Arms & Legs